Friday 22 July 2011

Latham version 0.1

It's been a month and a bit. I've been lax. I got less done in a week than I should have, then continued not posting my changes and making less change than I was happy with. But I've now gotten enough done that I feel I can start on the content creation process. It's going to take many months to get something done, but I'm going to commit to posting something every week.


Anyhow, here's the engine as it stands:
  • Separated engine from level, meaning a single page for all levels, with the level being loaded in dynamically. This also means that other people will be able to create their own levels (currently without documentation) and play them without any trouble.
  • Save states and check points, so that a game can be played over multiple sessions.
  • Weapons and armor, so that the player can improve over multiple sessions.
  • A front end menu system, making it so that I can let players reset their save state and play again from the beginning
  • I also added WASD controls so that the arrow key scrolling problem went away.

You can see all of this in action here.

No comments: